Byte Vs. Smile Direct Club: The ultimate comparison
The Byte vs. Smile Direct Club has been an ongoing discussion for quite some time, considering them having a lot in common. While both the brands have excellent features important for your teeth alignment solution, there are few detectable differences that you might want to consider.
After a thorough study and research, we bring you the ultimate Byte vs. Smile Direct Club comparison that will help you choose the perfect teeth alignment service.
Byte Aligner Review
Byte mainly offers two treatment plans At-Night and All-Day Aligners. The Byte All-Day aligner gives one of the fastest teeth re-alignment results you can imagine. And by fastest, we mean, as fast as three months. Yes, that’s right!
You have to wear the aligner for 22 hours every day to start seeing results by the 3rd or 4th month. The experts check the client’s facial proportions with the help of Byte’s Smile Science to design a smile that superbly fits the client. All the treatments are reviewed and approved by licensed dentists and orthodontists spread across 50 states.
On the other hand, the At-Night aligner is supposed to be used while you’re asleep for at least ten continuous hours. This treatment typically takes 5-6 months to show results. The aligner is made with a medical-grade and grind-resistant polymer material to give you comfortable wear while asleep.
How does it work?
With an effortless process, getting your Byte aligners is just a few clicks away. The people at Byte send you an at-home impression with easy instructions. After you’ve put your teeth impression, send them back with free return shipping. The doctors study your impression and personalize a treatment plan for you. Once all that is done, your aligner kit is on the way! You can also remotely track your treatment progress.
- Byte’s At-Night aligner is made of medical-grade, BPA-free, and grind-resistant material.
- FDA cleared aligner technology HyperByte improves the accuracy of teeth alignment and accelerates the treatment.
- Crystal-clear with a natural look.
The payment plan for Byte’s clear aligners is quite flexible. For the All-Day aligner, you can either choose the $83 per month plan or the $1,895 one-time charge. The At-Night aligner has a similar plan with $99 monthly charges and a $2,295 one-time plan.
Additionally, the impression kit costs $95 dollars, but with special coupons, you can avail of it at $29.95.
- Only three months treatment duration
- At-home impression
- Lifetime guarantee
- Insurance coverage, and protection plan
- Free retainer and BrightByte teeth whitening supply for one month
- 100% approved BytePay
- Only those who are determined fit for Byte aligners are eligible for treatment
- Impression Kit and All-night aligner are more expensive than Smile Direct Club
- No physical stores to get 3D scans
Smile Direct Club Review
Smile Direct Club also offers two types of aligners to its clients with orthodontic issues. One is the usual daytime aligner, and the other is Smile Direct Club Nighttime Aligners. With an average of 4-6 months treatment plan, the daytime aligner requires you to wear it 22 hours a day. On the other hand, the nighttime clear aligner needs 10 hours of continuous wear with a duration of 8-10 months of treatment plan.
The brand’s aligners are BPA-free and custom-made to fit your teeth and eventually shift their position as desired. Using an advanced mapping technology Smart Sculpt, Smile Direct Club provides clinically safe and effective treatment better than braces and Invisalign.
How does it work?
To get your treatment plan from Smile Direct Club, you can either visit the Smile Shop or get the from-home kit delivered to you. Once the experts receive your impressions, they review and prescribe you a personalized aligner to straighten your teeth. You can have monthly online check-ins with your doctors to check the progress. If you don’t want your teeth to slip back to their original position, you can get another set of aligners for nighttime wear only and replace them every six months.
- State-licensed doctors use 3D images and Smart Sculpt technology to prescribe you tailor-made aligners
- Smile Direct Club aligners are made with Comfort Sense technology for easy fit and comfortable wear.
With similar payment options for both the alignment plans, Smile Direct Club offers $89 monthly charges and $1950 as a one-time charge. The impression kit costs $59, but when you return the kit, you get an $18 rebate. Additionally, the retainer costs $99 per set.
- Premium teeth brightening kit
- Lifetime guarantee
- Insurance plans accepted
- Multiple stores for 3D scans
- Free SmileShop visit and free impression kit shipping
- More expensive than Byte
- More time treatment time
- No free retainer
- What is the major difference between Byte and Smile Direct Club?
The first difference between the two is that Byte does not provide in-person appointments, but Smile Direct Club does. The other and major difference is that Byte offers faster results than Smile Direct Club.
- Which is cheaper?
The Smile Direct Club’s daytime aligners are more expensive than Byte, but in the case of nighttime aligners, Byte offers a much higher price. However, Byte includes a free set of retainers, unlike Smile Direct Club.
- Is a home aligner better or clinic scans?
If you have a minor case of crooked teeth, home aligners are affordable and convenient options. For major teeth misalignments, it is recommended that you visit a dentist in person for better results.
It’s time to pick a favorite, and we have Byte as the winner by a few extra points. Here’s why:
- You don’t have to wait for extra months until your treatment starts working. Start seeing results in less than four months with regular use.
- The Byte All-Day aligner comes at an extremely reasonable price.
Of all the transparent aligners existing in the market, we vouch for Byte and place it on top of our list. From customer support, product convenience, price value to the quality of the treatment, Byte checks all the boxes.